I’ve always wanted to make a fruit salsa but my family usually snubs their nose when I get creative in the kitchen. We picked up some chicken that was marinated in a mango coconut sauce at our friends new butcher shop and market, Southern Steer Butchers (US 19 and Curlew in Dunedin, FL), and this is the side dish that I prepared to go with the chicken. I served it over a bed of fresh romaine with a sprinkle of parmesan and balsamic vinegar to balance the flavor of the mango. DELICIOUS is an understatement!
- 1 Mango
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 Small can pineapple tidbits (in pineapple juice)
- ½ Small tomato
- 1 Avocado
- Optional – Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional – Feta or parmesan cheese
- Optional – Romaine or any variety of lettuce
- Chop all of the fruits and vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss gently.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish, dessert, or as pictured over a bed of lettuce with balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese.
I would have loved to share pictures of the mango coconut chicken but my dear sweet husband grilled it for a few minutes too long. All of the wonderful marinade was hard to taste underneath the charred grill marks that were left behind. I guess I need to take over the grilling duties next time but to his defense the chicken pieces were very thick and difficult to grill – he was trying to ensure that the inside was fully cooked.
How would you serve this mango avocado fruit salsa? What would you pair it with?
Looking for cloth diapering resources and tips? Visit my cloth diapering archives, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on Pinterest.
Subscribe to new posts via your favorite RSS Feed Reader or by Email.